The Mumbai World Trade Center at Cuffe Parade was built in 1970. It consists of two towers, the Visvesaraya Industrial Research and Development Center (MVIRDC)  and IDBI. MRVDC was, at 156m, the tallest building in South Asia until the 2010 completion of The Imperial towers at Tardeo (252m). It was built by the Shapoorji Pallonji Group . 
In 1998 the Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport (BEST) started air conditioned services connecting the World Trade Center with the suburb of Andheri . 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Emporis GmbH. “MRVDC, Mumbai, India” . SkyScraperPage.com.
- Jump up^ “MVRDC | Buildings” . Mumbai /: Emporis . Retrieved 2012-01-12 .
- Jump up^ SkyScraperPage.com. “IDBI Tower, Mumbai, India” . Emporis.com.
- Jump up^ “About us – MVIRDC” . Retrieved Mar 19, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “IDBI Towers | Buildings” . Mumbai /: Emporis . Retrieved 2012-01-12 .
- Jump up^ “A billionaire quiet” . India Today . 27 August 2012 . Retrieved Mar 19, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Mishra, Anshika (25 February 2003). “AC bus users to be given parking facility” . The Times of India . Mumbai . Retrieved Mar 18, 2015 .