An unfair competitive advantage , sometimes Referred to as an exclusive competitive advantage , Provides a degree of certainty for Eliminating competition .
This opportunity may exist as:
- eg infrastructure, rental, equipment; ie You only have access to the port.
- Intellectual / technological
- egpatents, trademarks, brands, lists, software, trade secrets
- eg skills, expertise, knowledge , attitude, advisers, ie only one person in the word has the formula
- of the product, person, or organization, ie a brand is already recognized as the standard industry
The main point to consider a competitive advantage is that the same opportunities are not available to everyone; unless the possessor of the unfair competitive advantage decides to grant permission for people to share the opportunity.
While the origins of the term are unclear, the term is often used by marketing professionals.