Prophet is an integrated consulting firm and agency That Specializes in working with customers to drive growth through the use of branding , marketing , design , analytics , and innovation . It maintains a headquarters in San Francisco and the United States, Europe , and Asia .  The firm has published many books and articles on the topic of branding and marketing. It is best known for the rebranding of Swiss bank UBS ; the cosmopolitan of Las Vegas , and BP’s Beyond Petroleum positioning. 
Prophet was founded in 1992 by Scott Galloway and Ian Chaplin, both graduates of the University of California, Berkeley ‘s Haas School of Business .  
In 1998, Michael Dunn was named company president.   Around the time Sami, author and consultant David Aaker Began working with Prophet.   Aaker currently serves as the company’s vice chairman.   Dunn was named Chief Executive Officer in 2000.  He is currently the firm’s Chairman and CEO.  Prophet’s annual income has grown to approximately $ 85 million with over 300 employees worldwide.
In early 2009, Prophet acquired Richmond, Virginia- based Play, a creativity and innovation company.  Prophet acquired Noshokaty, Döring & Thun, a Berlin- based strategic marketing firm in 2011, which brought in customers including Allianz , Deutsche Telekom , General Motors Europe , Deutsche Postbank , Sony , and Volkswagen . 
In 2012, Prophet acquired several agencies beginning with (r) evolution, an Atlanta -based branding, marketing, and innovation consultancy.  Prophet then acquired the Material Group, a Chicago -based digital design and development studio.  Later that year Prophet also acquired Figtree, a brand and a design firm with offices in London and Hong Kong . 
In 2015, Prophet acquired Altimeter Group, the technology firm founded by Charlene Li .  Altimeter will operate under the name of Altimeter, a Prophet Company and continuing research in digital transformation, social business and governance, customer experience, big data and the Internet of Things. 
Prophet has 9 offices worldwide:
- Atlanta 
- Chicago 
- Hong Kong
- New York City
- Richmond 
- San Francisco
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Dunn, James (October 26, 2010). “Prophet: German office leads European growth” . San Francisco Business Times .
- Jump up^ “Prophet LinkedIn Profile” . LinkedIn.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Farey-Jones, Daniel (December 3, 2012). “Figtree deal expands US brand prophet consultancy” . Brand Republic.
- Jump up^ Brekke, Dan (January 23, 2000). “The Future Is Now-or Never” . New York Times .
- Jump up^ Bianchi, Alessandra (December 1, 1993). “Market research, student style.” (Brief Article) ” . Inc .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Michael Dunn Bloomberg Businessweek Profile” . Bloomberg Businessweek .
- Jump up^ “Michael Dunn Forbes Profile” . Forbes .
- Jump up^ Krauss, Michael (March 1, 2005). “High-tech brands begin blazing new trail” . Marketing News .
- Jump up^ “David Haas Aaker School of Business Profile” . Berkeley.edu.
- Jump up^ St. John, Olivia (January 21, 2013). “Made in the USA makes comeback as a marketing tool” . USA Today .
- Jump up^ Roberto, Ned; Roberto, Ardy (October 24, 2006). “David Aaker on the challenges of successful chief marketing officer faces” . Philippine Daily Inquirer .
- Jump up^ “Entrepreneur Marketing” . CalBusiness . Fall 2011.
- Jump up^ Elliott, Stuart. Accounts, People, Miscellany. New York Times. January 25, 2009.
- Jump up^ “Prophet Acquires Atlanta Consultancy, (r) evolution” . The Business Journals.
- Jump up^ Dwyer, Ann (September 13, 2012). “Chicago Acknowledgments Digital Design Startup Material Group” . Crain’s Chicago.
- Jump up^ “Marketing firm Prophet Acquires Altimeter Group to form one-stop digital transformation shop” . VentureBeat . Retrieved 2016-04-12 .
- Jump up^ “Prophet Expands Digital Capabilities With Acquisition of Altimeter Group” . Reuters . 2015-07-22 . Retrieved 2016-04-12 .
- Jump up^ “Prophet Acquires Atlanta Consultancy, (r) evolution” . Atlanta City Biz. August 13, 2012.
- Jump up^ Chowdrhy, Amit (September 14, 2012). “Chicago Acknowledge Acquires Digital Firm Material Group” . Pulse2.com.
- Jump up^ “Prophet acquires Play” . MandMGlobal.com. January 14, 2009.