Diving Equipment and Marketing Association ( DEMA ),   is an international organization dedicated to the promotion and growth of recreational scuba diving and snorkeling industry . With more than 1,300 members, this non-profit, global organization promotes scuba diving through consumer awareness programs and media campaigns such as the national Be a Diver campaign; diver retention initiatives such as DiveCaching; and an annual trade-only event for scuba diving, action watersports and adventure / dive-travel industries, DEMA Show. 
Board Members serve three year terms. 
Purposes and objectives
The purposes and objectives of the Association are published as: 
- To promote the advancement of the diving industry, to promote and encourage the growth of diving, and to enhance the growth and enjoyment of the sport of diving.
- To be continued, their officers and employees.
- To facilitate the exchange of information among industry members, through experts, Internet-based programming, manuals and conferences, and other media on such subjects as quality control, general industry statistics, governmental regulations, product standards and / or certification books and records, and related topics of industry interest.
- To support the diving industry with communication services, media relations and resources.
- To support the diving industry in the United States and in the United States and to the United States.
- To support the diving industry in the monitoring and protection of the environment through education and activities.
- Peter B. Bennett
- Hillary Hauser
- Cindi Walters
- Scuba diving
- List of diver certification organizations
- Recreational diver training
- ^ Jump up to:a b Brylske, Alex. “Training Standards: Understanding the” Why “Behind What Divers are Taught” . Dive Training magazine. Archived from the original on 27 December 2013 . Retrieved 26 January 2016 .
- Jump up^ http://www.dema.org/?page=About
- Jump up^ http://www.demashow.com/
- Jump up^ http://www.dema.org/staff/
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” (PDF) . Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04 . Retrieved 2015-10-08 .