Digital marketing (also known as data-driven marketing ) is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet , but also including mobile phones, display advertising , and any other digital medium. 
Digital marketing’s development since the 1990s and 2000s has changed the way brands and businesses use technology for marketing.  As digital platforms are increasingly incorporated into marketing plans and everyday life,  and have people use digital devices INSTEAD of visiting physical shops,   digital marketing campaigns are Becoming More prevalent and efficient.
Digital marketing techniques such as search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, influencing marketing , content automation, campaign marketing, data- marketing,  and e-commerce marketing, social media marketing , social media optimization , e-mail direct marketing , display advertising, e-books, and optical disks and games are becoming more common in our advancing technology. In fact, digital marketing now extends to non-Internet channels that provide digital media, such as mobile phones ( SMS and MMS), callback, and on-hold mobile ring tones. 
The term digital marketing was first used in the 1990s,  but digital marketing has roots in the mid-1980s, when the SoftAd Group, now ChannelNet , developed advertising campaigns for automotive companies: received in return floppy disks that contained [ quote needed ]
In 2000 a survey in the United Kingdom found that most retailers had not registered their own domain address. 
Digital marketing became more sophisticated in the 2000s and the 2010s, when   the proliferation of devices’ ability to access digital media.  Statistics produced in 2012 and 2013 showed that digital marketing was still a growing field.  
Digital marketing is often referred to as ‘online marketing’, ‘internet marketing’ or ‘web marketing’. The term digital marketing has grown in popularity over time, particularly in certain countries. In the USA online marketing is still prevalent. In Italy, digital marketing is referred to as web marketing. In the UK and worldwide, however, digital marketing has become the most common term, especially after the year 2013. 
Digital media growth is estimated at 4.5 trillion online ads with digital media spend at 48% growth in 2010.  An increasing portion of advertising stems from businesses employing online advertising (OBA) to tailor advertising for internet users, OBA goal concerns about consumer privacy and data protection. 
New non-linear marketing approach
In an evermore complex retail environment, customer engagement is essential but challenging. Retailers must shift from a linear marketing approach to one-way communication to a value exchange model of mutual dialogue and benefit-sharing between provider and consumer.  Exchanges are more non-linear, free flowing, and both one-to-many or one-on-one. The spread of information and awareness can occur across many channels, such as the blogosphere, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and a variety of other platforms. The opinions, experiences, and thoughts and feelings about hyper-accelerating the dissemination of information. 
The Nielsen Global Connected Commerce Survey conducted interviews in 26 countries to observe how consumers are using the Internet. Online shoppers are increasingly interested in purchasing from abroad, with over 50% of the time they are buying from an overseas retailer. 
Using an omni-channel strategy is becoming more important than ever before. Retailers are more likely to focus on their online presence, including online shops and their existing counterparts. The “endless aisle” within the retail space can not be used in the retail market. Solely Internet-based retailers are also entering the market; providing professional services and tangible experiences with their products. 
An omni-channel approach not only benefits consumers but also the benefits of business as a whole: Research suggests that customers spend more than two-to-one times when they are omni-channel retailers and are often more loyal. This could be due to the ease of purchase and the availability of products. 
Customers are often searching for online shopping and online shopping. Online customer research is a popular product for consumers and manufacturers. Consumers are increasingly using the internet to look up information, compare prices, and search for deals and promotions. 
Use in the digital era
There are a number of ways to use their marketing efforts. The use of digital marketing in the digital world, but also allows for 24/7 services to make customers feel supported and valued. The use of social media interaction allows for positive and negative feedback. As such, digital marketing has become an advantage for brands and businesses. It is now common to consumers to post feedback through social media sources, blogs and websites on their experience with a product or brand. It has become more popular for businesses and encourages these conversations through their social media channels to have direct contact with customers.
Word of mouth communications and peer-to-peer dialogs often have a greater effect on customers, since they are not directly related to the company. Customers are more likely to trust other customers’ experiences.  It is a question of social dialogue and dialogue. The potential reach of social media is indicated by the fact that in 2015, each month the Facebook app had more than 126 million average unique users and YouTube had over 97 million average unique users. 
Ease of access
A key objective is engaging digital marketing customers and enabling them to interact with the brand through servicing and delivery of digital media. Information is easy to access at a fast rate through the use of digital communications. Users with access to the Internet can use many digital media, such as Facebook, YouTube, Forums, and Email etc. Through digital communications it creates a multi-channel communication where information can be quickly exchanged around the world by anyone without any regard to whom they are. Social segregation plays no part in social mediums due to lack of face to face communication and information being widely spread to a selective audience. This interactive nature allows consumers to create a conversation about the marketplace. 
By using Internet platforms, businesses can create competitive advantage through various means. To reach the maximum potential of digital marketing, utilities and social media. Through this business, they are able to pinpoint behavioral patterns of customers and feedback on their needs. This means of having a good relationship with those who have a long relationship with consumers and who are relatively active social media users. Relative to this, creating a more effective brand of customer loyalty and brand awareness.  Although there may be inconstancy with product images; maintaining a successful social media presence requires a business to be firms consider their content based on the feedback received from this channel, this is a result of the global environment.  Effective use of digital marketing can result in traditional marketing; Lower costs for external costs, advertising costs, promotion costs, processing costs. 
Brand awareness has been proven to be highly preventable, also social media marketing works effectively. Yet brands must be careful about this type of marketing, as they could only negatively affect their image. Brands that represent themselves in an anthropomorphizing manner are more likely to succeed in situations where “Since it is possible that people with high uncertainty avoidance, such as the French, will appreciate the high social media interaction with an anthropomorphized brand.” Moreover,
Latest developments and strategies
One of the major changes in the emergence of digital marketing (Patrutiu Baltes, Loredana, 2015), (p. Loredana, 2015).
As digital marketing is dependent on technology that is ever-evolving and fast-changing, the same features should be expected from digital marketing developments and strategies. This section is an attempt to qualify or segregates the existing significant highlights and is used as of press time. [ when? ]
- Segmentation : more focus on segmentation in digital marketing, business-to-business and business-to-consumer sectors.
- Influence Marketing : Important nodes are identified within related communities, known as influencers. This is becoming an important concept in digital targeting. It is possible to reach influencers via paid advertising, such as Facebook Advertising or Google Adwords campaigns, or through sophisticated social customer relationship management software such as SAP C4C, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage CRM and Salesforce CRM. Many universities now focus, at Masters level, on engagement strategies for influencers.
To summarize, digital marketing is characterized by consumers actively seeking marketing content.
- Online behavioral advertising is the practice of collecting information about a user’s online activity over time, “was Particular device and across different, unrelated websites, in order to deliver tailored advertisements To That user’s interests and preferences  
- Collaborative Environment : A collaborative environment can be set up between the organization, the technology service provider, and the digital agencies to optimize effort, resource sharing, reusability and communications. Additionally, organizations are inviting their customers to help them understand better. This source of data is called User Generated Content. Much of this is acquired via company websites where the organization invites people to share ideas. The most popular ideas are evaluated and implemented in some form. Using this method of acquiring data and developing new products can not be overlooked. UGC is low-cost advertising and can save costs for the organization.
- Data-driven advertising: Users generate a lot of data in every step they take on the path of customer journey. Without exposing customers ‘privacy, users’ data can be collected from digital channels (eg: when customer visits a website, reads an email, or launches and interact with a mobile app), brands can also collect data from real world customer interactions , such as brick and mortar blinds and CRM sales and sales engines datasets. Also known as “Customer-based marketing or addressable media”, “Data-driven advertising is empowering brands to find their loyal customers in their audience and deliver in real time”
An important consideration today while deciding on a strategy is that the digital tools have democratized the promotional landscape.
5. Remarketing: Remarketing plays a major role in digital marketing. This method is used in the context of an audience, usually called searchers in web speak, where they are searched for a particular purpose.
6. Game advertising : Game ads are advertisements that exist within computer or video games. One of the most common examples of in-game advertising is billboards appearing in sports games. In-game ads also might appear as brand-name products like guns, cars, or clothing that exist as gaming status symbols.
The new digital era is likely to be used in the future. Businesses can now use social media to select the age range, location, gender and interests of those they would like to be targeted to. Furthermore, based is a customer’s recent search history They Can be ‘Followed’ on the Internet So They see advertisements from similar brands, products and services,  This Allows businesses to target the specific customers That They Know and feel will MOST benefit from their product or service, something that had limited capabilities until the digital era.
Ways to further increase the effectiveness of digital marketing
A strategy that is linked to the effectiveness of digital marketing is content marketing .  Content marketing can be described as “delivering the content that your audience is seeking in the places that they are searching for it”.  It is found that marketing is highly present in digital marketing and becomes highly successful when content marketing is involved. This product is more popular with the consumer.
Marketers also find an effective strategy when it comes to digital marketing as it is another way to build a long term relationship with the consumer. Listed below are some aspects that need to be considered effective and effective.
Interesting mail titles differentiate one advertisement from the other. This separates advertisements from the clutter. Differentiation is one factor that can make a good advertisement advertisement  
Establishment of customer exclusivity: A list of customers and customer’s details should be kept on the customer’s previous buyer behavior. This is effective in digital marketing as it allows organizations to build up loyalty over email. 
Low Technical Requirements: In the process of being in charge of the market. This prevents some consumers from being able to understand or view the advertising campaign. 
Rewards: The lucrative offers would always help in making your digital campaign a success. Give some reward in the end of the campaign. This would definitely invite more commitment and word of mouth publicity 
Ineffective forms of digital marketing
This section needs additional quotes for verification . Please help to improve this article by adding quotations to reliable sources . Unsourced material can be challenged and removed. (March 2016) ( Learn how to remove this template message )
Digital marketing activity is still growing across the world according to the headline global marketing index. Digital media continues to rapidly grow; while expanding, traditional media is declining (World Economics, 2015).  Digital media helps brands reach consumers to engage with their product or service in a personalised way. Five areas, which are often referred to as prioritizing clicks, balancing search and display, mobile understanding, targeting, viewability, brand safety and invalid traffic, and cross-platform measurement (Whiteside, 2016).  These arguments are ineffective and some ways of making these aspects are discussed.
Prioritizing clicks refers to the value of simple, fast and inexpensive, and is only 0.10 percent in the United States. This means one in a few clicks are falling therefore having little effect. These displays that marketing companies should not be used (Whiteside, 2016). 
Balancing search and display
Balancing search and display for digital display ads are important; marketers tend to look at the last search and attribute. This then disregards other marketing efforts, which establishes brand value within the mind consumers. ComScore determined by drawing on the online marketplace, produced by one hundred and fifty multichannel retailers that display digital marketing poses strengths when compared with their own, paid search (Whiteside, 2016). This is why it is something that you are looking for when you are going to have a page, not its home page. A landing page typically has something to draw the customer in to search beyond this page. These are the things that can be used to improve the communication strategy (Square2Marketing, 2012). Commonly marketers see increased sales among people exposed to a search ad. But the fact of how many people can be considered. Multichannel retailers have an increased reach if the display is considered in synergy with search campaigns. These two types of growth are more likely to be used when they are more likely to be in the market (Whiteside, 2016). 
Understanding Mobiles: Understanding mobile devices is a significant aspect of digital marketing because of its role as a consumer (Whiteside, 2016).  Apps provide a big opportunity for the marketers because firstly the app needs to be downloaded and secondly. This may be difficult as it is used most often in the most popular applications (Whiteside, 2016). Mobile advertising can be used in a variety of commercial objectives and it is effective to take over the entire screen, and the message must not be seen or thought of as intrusive (Whiteside, 2016).  Disadvantages of digital media used on mobile devices also include limited creative capabilities, and reach. Although there are many positive aspects to the product market, it is possible for direct selling (Belch & Belch, 2012). 
Cross-platform measurement: The number of marketing channels continues to expand. A cross-platform view must be used to unify audience measurement and media planning. Market researchers need to understand how the Omni-channel affects consumer behavior. Significant aspects to cross-platform measurement involves greater duplication and understanding than other approaches (Whiteside, 2016). An example is ‘ESPN and comScore partnered on Project Blueprint discovering the sports broadcaster achieved a 21% increase in daily reach thanks to digital advertising’ (Whiteside, 2016).  Television and radio industries are the electronic media, which competes with digital and other Yet television advertising is not directly competing with digital technology. Radio also gains power through cross platforms, online streaming content. Television and radio continues to persuade and affect the audience, across multiple platforms (Fill, Hughes, & De Franceso, 2013). 
Targeting, viewability, brand safety and invalid traffic: Targeting, viewability, brand safety and all types of traffic. Cookies are a form of digital advertising, which are tracking tools within desktop devices; Solution: Difficulty, with shortcomings including deletion by web browsers, the inability to move between multiple users of a device, inaccurate estimates for single visitors, overstating reach, understanding frequency, problems with ad servers, which have been previously exposed to an ad. Due to the inaccuracies influenced by cookies, demographics in the market are low and vary (Whiteside, 2016). Another element, which is affected within digital marketing, is ‘viewability’ or whether the ad is actually seen by the consumer. Many ads are not seen by a consumer and can never reach the right demographic segment. Brand safety is another issue of being unethical or having offensive content. Recognizing fraud when an ad is exposed is another challenge marketers face. This is one of the most effective ways of detecting fraudulent trafficking, although non-premium sites are more often the problem (Whiteside, 2016). 
Digital marketing is facilitated by multiple channels, As an advertiser one’s core objective is to find channels which result in maximum two-way communication and a better overall ROI for the brand. There are multiple online marketing channels available namely; 
- Affiliate marketing- Affiliate marketing is perceived to be a safe, reliable and easy way of marketing through online platform. This is due to a lack of reliability in terms of affiliates that can produce the demand of new customers. As a result of this risk and bad affiliates, it is a prone form of exploitation that is not honestly acquired. There may be some limitations in recovering any losses or investment. Despite this, affiliate marketing allows the brand to market to smaller publishers, and websites with smaller traffic. These products are likely to be used in the production of food products, and they must be used to minimize the risk of injury.
- Display advertising – the word infers, the online display of advertising deals with the showcasing promotional messages or ideas to the consumer on the internet. This advertisement is English, French, English, Spanish, French, German, French, English, French, etc., and so on. The method can target specific audience of a particular type of advertisement.
- Email marketing- Email marketing in comparison to other forms of digital marketing is considered cheap; it is also a way to increase the value of this proposal to existing or potential customers. Yet this channel of communication may be perceived by both recipients and irritating to new or potential customers, hence the success of email marketing is related to the language and visual appeal applied. In terms of visual appeal, there are indications that using graphics / visuals that are relevant to the message E-mail. In terms of language, the style is the main factor in determining how captivating the email is. Using casual tone invokes a warmer and gentle and inviting feel to the email in comparison to a formal style. For combinations; it’s suggested that to maximize effectiveness; using no graphics / visual alongside casual language. In contrast using a visual appeal and a formal language is seen as the least effective method.
- Search engine marketing –
- Social Media Marketing – The term ‘Digital Marketing’ has a number of marketing facets as it supports different channels used in and between these, comes the Social Media. When we use social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, etc.) to market a product or service, the strategy is called Social Media Marketing. It is a procedure that is used to create a strategy for the acquisition of the Internet.
- Social Networking 
- Game advertising – In-Game advertising is defined as “inclusion of products or brands within a digital game.” The game permits brands or products to be part of their game, in the form of an advertisement. There are many factors that are successful in their advertising of their brand / product, such being: Type of game, technical platform, 3-D and 4-D technology, game genre, congruity of brand and game, prominence of advertising within the game. Individual factors consist of attitudes towards placement advertisements, gambling involvement, product involvement, flow or entertainment. The attitude towards the advertising is not only the message shown but also the attitude towards the game. Dependent of how enjoyable the game is determined, meaning if the game is not very enjoyable the consumer may subconsciously have a negative attitude towards the brand / product being advertised. In terms of Integrated Marketing Communication “integration of advertising in digital games into the general advertising, communication, and marketing strategy of the firm” is important as a result of the brand / product and creates a larger overall effect.
- Online PR
- Video advertising – This type of advertising videos online. This type of marketing has increased in popularity over time.  Online video advertising is usually about what is seen, what is the role of the audience?  Post-roll advertisements have been shown to be more prominent in relation to the other types, where “ad-context congruity / incongruity plays an important role in reinforcing ad memorability”. Due to selective attention from viewers, there is the likelihood that the message may not be received.  The main advantage of video advertising is that it disrupts the viewing experience of the video and therefore there is a difficulty in attempting to avoid them. How to be interested in online advertising: Come to attention, attention, and behavioral decision.  These online advertisements give the brand / business options and choices. These consist of length, position, adjacent video content, which directly affects the effectiveness of the produced advertisement .these variables will yield different results. Length of the advertisement has been shown to affect memorability.  This type of advertising, it is likely that the consumer is experiencing their own experience of being invaded, creating negative perception of the brand.  These advertisements are also available to be shared by the viewers, adding to the attractiveness of this platform. Sharing these videos can be reached by the word marketing, extending number of people reached. Sharing videos creates six different outcomes: these being “pleasure, affection, inclusion, escape, relaxation, and control”.  As well, videos are more likely to be shared, and so are the strongest motivator to pass videos on. Creating a ‘viral’ trend of mass amounts of a brands.
It is important to reach out to a two-way communication model, as it can be sent directly to the firm via email.  Firms should seek out this long-term relationship by using multiple forms of channels and using marketing strategies. 
Push and pull message technologies can be used in conjunction.
The ICC Code has integrated rules that apply to marketing communications using digital interactive media throughout the guidelines. There is also a whole updated section dealing with issues specific to digital interactive media techniques and platforms. Code self-regulation on the use of digital interactive media includes:
- Clear and transparent mechanisms to enable consumers to get their data collected for advertising or marketing purposes;
- Clear indication that a social network is commercial and is under the control or influence of a marketer;
- Limits are set so that marketers communicate directly when they are reasonable grounds to believe that the consumer has an interest in what is being offered;
- Respect for the rules and standards of acceptable commercial behavior in social networks and the posting of marketing messages
- Special attention and protection for children. 
Advantages and limitations
The whole idea of digital marketing can be a very important aspect in the overall communication between the consumer and the organization. This is due to digital marketing being able to reach large numbers of potential consumers at one time. 
Another advantage of digital marketing is that consumers are exposed to the brand and the product that is being advertised directly. To clarify the advertisement is available at any place. 
However, there are some setbacks to this type of strategy. One major setback is that digital marketing is highly dependent on the internet. This may be considered a setback because the internet may not be accessible in certain areas or consumers may have poor internet connection. 
As well as digital marketing is highly dependent on the Internet, it is a lot of clutter, so it can be marketers to find customers to start conversations about organizations brand image gold products.
<br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br>  There are some disadvantages that are not widely related to a business relationship. It is important for marketers to take into account both advantages and disadvantages of their marketing strategy and business goals.
An advantage of digital marketing is that the reach is so large that there are no limitations on the geographical reach it can have. This allows them to become international and expand their country of origin.
As mentioned earlier, technology and the internet allows for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week service for customers and customers. world. This is a huge advantage for retailers and its customers. It has also opened up an opportunity for companies to be based on rather than having an outlet or digital marketing capability.
Another advantage is that it is easy to understand that their marketing is making, and that it is involved.
With brands using the Internet to reach their target customers; digital marketing has become a preferred career option as well. At present, companies are more interested in hiring individuals in digital marketing and marketing strategies in digital marketing.
A disadvantage of digital advertising is the large amount of competing goods and services that are also using the same digital marketing strategies. For example, when they search for a specific product or a specific company the same product or a quick way of finding what they want online.
Some companies may be portrayed by customers negatively as some consumers and may be considered frauds. This can affect their image and reputation and make them look like a dishonest brand.
Another disadvantage is that even an individual or small group of people can harm image of an established brand. For instance Dopplegnager is a term that is used to disapprove an image about a certain brand that is spread by anti-brand activists, bloggers, and opinion leaders. The word Doppelganger is a combination of two German words Doppel (double) and Ganger(walker), thus it means that it is said alter ego. Generally brand creates images for itself to be emotionally appealing to their customers. However, it would be disagreeable with this image and make alterations to this image and present in a funny or cynical way, hence distorting the brand image, hence creating a Doppelganger image, blog or content (Rindfleisch, 2016).
Two other practical limitations can be seen in the box of digital marketing. One, digital marketing is useful for specific categories of products, it can be propagated through digital channels.Industrial goods and pharmaceutical products can not be marketed through digital channels. Secondly, digital marketing disseminates only the information to the prospects. And hence the reflection of digital marketing in real sales volume is skeptical. [ quote needed ]
Measuring the Effectiveness of Digital Marketing Campaigns
Although the criteria should be considered in general, the assessment criteria and metrics for the digital marketing can be discussed in more detail.
The criteria and metrics can be classified according to their type and time span. Regarding the type, we can consider these campaigns “Quantitatively” or “Qualitatively”. Quantitative metrics may include “Sales Volume” and “Revenue Increase / Decrease”. While qualitative metrics may include the enhanced “brand awareness, image and health” and “relationship with the customers”.
Shifting the focus to the time span, “Interim Metrics”, which gives us some insight during the journey itself, “Final Metrics” if the overall initiative was successful or not. As an example, most of the social media metrics and indicators such as these, shares and commitment comments may be classified as interim metrics while the final increase / decrease in sales volume is clearly of the final category.
Of course, the correlation between these categories should exist. Otherwise, a disappointing result may occur in the early stages of the project.
Digital Marketing Strategy
Digital marketing system
Digital marketing planning is a term used in marketing management. It describes the first stage of a digital marketing strategy for the digital marketing system. Social, Web, Mobile, Scannable Surface.   Nevertheless, both are aligned with the vision, the mission of the company and the overarching business strategy. 
Stages of planning
Using Dr. Dave Chaffey’s approach, the Digital Marketing Planning (DMP) has three main internships; Opportunity, Strategy and Action.  He suggests that any business looking for a successful digital marketing strategy should be in place. This generic strategic approach often has phases of situation review, goal setting, strategy formulation, resource allocation and monitoring. 
To create an effective SMB (specific, measurable, actionable, relevant and time-bound) objective.  They can set the key benchmarks and the key performance indicators (KPIs) of the company and competitors. It is relevant that the analytics used for the KPIs be customized to the type, objectives, mission and vision of the company.,  
Companies can scan for marketing and sales opportunities by reviewing their own outreach as well as influencing outreach. This means they are able to analyze their co-marketers influence and brand associations. 
To cease opportunity, the firm should summarize their current customers’ capabilities and their digital marketing capability. This means that they are able to allocate to their digital marketing strategy ie labor, time etc. By summarizing the purchase journey, they can also recognize gaps and growth for future marketing opportunities that will meet new objectives and increase profit.
To create a digital strategy, the company must review their digital proposition and communicate using digital customer targeting techniques. So, they must define the value proposition (OVP), this means the company must be clearly visible.
The company should also (re) select target market segments and personas and define digital targeting approaches.
After doing this effectively, it is important to review the marketing mix for online options. The marketing mix included the 4Ps – Product, Price, Promotion and Place.   Some academics have added three additional elements to the traditional 4Ps of marketing process, and 7Ps of marketing. 
The third and final stage requires the firm to set a budget and management systems; These must be measurable touchpoints, such as reach across all digital platforms. Furthermore, marketers must ensure the budget and management systems are integrated, earned and earned media of the company.  The Action and Final Stage of Planned Stage of Placement. 
After confirming the digital marketing plan, a scheduled format of digital communications (eg Gantt Chart) should be encoded throughout the internal operations of the company. This ensures that all platforms are used for the succeeding stages of digital marketing strategy.
- Digital marketing engineer
- Digital marketing system
- Distributed presence
- Interactive marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Online advertising
- Pay per click
- Social media marketing
- Visual marketing
- Customer Data Platform
- User intent
- Jump up^ “Definition of digital marketing” . Financial Times . Retrieved 22 August 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page” . eds.b.ebscohost.com .
- Jump up^ Nielsen (10 March 2016). “Digital Advertising is Rising in Canada, Requiring More Sophisticated Measures of Success” . Nielsen . Nielsen. Retrieved 25 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ Nielsen (20 January 2016). “Connected Commerce is Creating Buyers Without Border” . Nielsen Global . Nielsen Global . Retrieved March 25,2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Dahlen, Micael (2010). Marketing Communications: A Brand Narrative Approach . Chichester, West Sussex UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd. p. 36.
- Jump up^ How To Embrace The Five Steps Of Data-Driven MarketingPublished by Forbes, October 17, 2013; accessed 17 January, 2017
- Jump up^ “Digital Marketing” . Techopedia . Retrieved 22 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ Clark, Dorie (11 November 2012), The End of the Expert: Why No One in Marketing Knows What They’re Doing , Forbes, archived from the original on 4 November 2013
- Jump up^ Hart, Cathy; Doherty, Neil; Ellis-Chadwick, Fiona (2000-09-01). “Retailer Adoption of the Internet – Implications for Retail Marketing” . European Journal of Marketing . 34 (8): 954-974. doi : 10.1108 / 03090560010331441 . ISSN 0309-0566 .
- Jump up^ “Ad agency joins up with AOL for marketing surveys” . Retrieved 2015-03-11 .
- Jump up^ Kates, Matthew (17 April 2013), Making digital and traditional marketing work together, Econsultancy, archived from the original on 25 November 2013
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Digital Marketing Communication” . iccwbo.org . Retrieved 17 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ Brinkley, Claire (18 October 2012), Digital marketing is growing in Australia, but is the skills gap , Econsultancy, archived from the original on 21 October 2012
- Jump up^ eMarketer (25 September 2013), Worldwide Ad Growth Buoyed by Digital, Mobile Adoption , eMarketer, archived from the original on 12 November 2013
- Jump up^ Google, Trends. “Google Trends” . Google Inc . Retrieved 9 February2014 .
- Jump up^ “Digital Marketing Communication” . International Chamber of Commerce . Retrieved 12 September 2017 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Nielsen (3 February 2016). “What Are Connected Shoppers Doing and Not Doing Online” . Nielsen Global . Nielsen Global . Retrieved 24 March 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f Maw-Liann Shyu; Wan-Ju Chiang; Wen-Yuan Dog; Sheng-Liang Wang (1 July 2015). “Key Success Factors In Digital Marketing In Service Industry And Development Strategies: A Case Study On Flower From China At Sun Moon Lake”. The International Journal of Organizational Innovation .
- Jump up^ Nielsen (20 January 2016). “Connected Commerce is Creating Buyers Without Borders” . Nielsen Global . Nielsen Global . Retrieved 24 March2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Tiago, Maria Teresa Melo Pinheiro Borges; Veríssimo José Cristóvão Manuel (2014). “Digital Marketing and Social Media; Why Bother?” INBAM, Business Horizons .
- Jump up^ http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?sid=bdb6c9a5-c01c-4b99-8b9d-611e4500abf0%2540sessionmgr4003&vid=1&hid=4202
- Jump up^ Nielsen (17 December 2015). “Tops of 2015: Digital” . Nielsen Insights Media and Entertainment . Nielsen . Retrieved 24 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ Sakas, DP, Dimitrios, NK, & Kavoura, A. (2015). The Development of Facebook’s Competitive Advantage for Brand Awareness. Procedia Economics And Finance, 24 (International Conference on Applied Economics (ICOAE) 2015, 2-4 July 2015, Kazan, Russia), 589-597. doi:10.1016 / S2212-5671 (15) 00642-5
- ^ Jump up to:a b Öztürk, CM (Ed.) (2013) Dijital İletişim ve Yeni Medya, Anadolu Üniversitesi Yayını: 2956, Eskişehir.
- Jump up^ Mogoş, R. “Digital Marketing for Identifying Customers’ Preferences – A Solution for SMEs in Obtaining Competitive Advantages”. International Journal of Economic Practices & Theories . 5 (3): 240-247.
- Jump up^ Kumar, A .; Bezawada, R .; Rishika, R .; Janakiraman, R .; Kannan, PK (2016). “From Social to Sale: The Effects of Firm-Generated Content in Social Media on Customer Behavior”. Journal of Marketing . 80 (1): 7-25. doi : 10.1509 / jm.14.0249 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Van Niekerk, A (2007). “A strategic management of media assets for optimizing market communication strategies, obtaining a sustainable competitive advantage and maximizing return on investment: An empirical study”. Journal of Digital Asset Management . 3 (2): 89-98. doi : 10.1057 / palgrave.dam.3650070 .
- Jump up^ Hudson, S., Huang, L., Roth, MS, & Madden, TJ (2016). The influence of social media interactions on consumer-brand relationships: A three-country study of perceptions and marketing behaviors. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 3327-41. doi:10.1016 / j.ijresmar.2015.06.004
- Jump up^ “654 oba resource guide final” (PDF) . codescentre.com .
- Jump up^ Gibbs, Samuel (18 September 2015). “Facebook’s new opt-out is not enough, says privacy expert” – via The Guardian.
- Jump up^ “whitepaper-collaborating with digital agency” (PDF) . hcltech.com .
- Jump up^ “People-based marketing is the strategy of the future, new report claims” . Retrieved 2016-09-26 .
- Jump up^ Kim, Angella J .; Johnson, Kim KP (2016). “Power of consumers using social media: Examining the influences of branding-related user-generated content on Facebook”. Computers in Human Behavior . 58 : 98-108. doi :10.1016 / j.chb.2015.12.047 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Patrutiu Baltes, Loredana (2015). “Content Marketing- The Fundamental Tool of Marketing”. Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brasov .
- Jump up^ World Economics (June 2015). “Digital and Mobile Continues to Dominate Share of Marketing Budgets” .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h i j k Whiteside, S (January 2016). “Five digital marketing lessons from comScore” .
- Jump up^ Square2Marketing (2012). “Online advertising: Google AdWords & pay-per-click” .
- Jump up^ Belch, E; Belch, A (2012). An integrated marketing communication perspective (9th ed) ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill / Irwin.
- Jump up^ Fill, C; Hughes, G .; From Franceso, S (2013). Advertising strategy, creativity and media . London, UK: Pearson.
- Jump up^ Pratik Dholakiya (14 April 2015). “3 Digital Marketing Channels That Work for Every Advertiser” . Entrepreneur . Retrieved 17 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ Edelman, B .; Brandi, W. (2015). “Risk, Information, and Incentives in Online Affiliate Marketing”. Journal of Marketing Research . 52 (1): 1-12. doi : 10.1509 / jmr.13.0472 .
- Jump up^ Dapko, JL; Artis, AB (2014). “Less is More: An Exploratory Analysis of Optimal Visual Appeal and Linguistic Style Combinations in a Salesperson’s Initial-Contact E-mail to Millennial Buyers Within Marketing Channels”. Journal of Marketing Channels . 21 (4): 254-267. doi : 10.1080 / 1046669X.2014.945358 .
- Jump up^ “4 Important Digital Marketing Channels You Should Know About” . Digital Donut . Retrieved 17 October 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Terlutter, R .; Capella, ML (2013). “The Gamification of Advertising: In-Game Advertising Analysis and Research, Advergames, and Advertising in Social Network Games”. Journal of Advertising . 42 (2/3): 95-112. doi : 10.1080 / 00913367.2013.774610 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f Li, H .; Lo, H. (2015). “Do You Recognize Its Brand? The Effectiveness of Online In-Stream Video Advertisements”. Journal of Advertising . 44 (3): 208-218. doi : 10.1080 / 00913367.2014.956376 .
- Jump up^ PricewaterhouseCoopers (2013), “2012 Internet Advertising Revenue Full-Year Report,” April, http://www.iab.net/media/file/IABInternet AdvertisingRevenueReportFY2012POSTED.pdf /
- Jump up^ Basil, Michael D (1994). “Multiple Resource Theory I: Application to Television Viewing”. Communication Research . 21 (2): 177-207. doi :10.1177 / 009365094021002003 .
- Jump up^ Chatterjee, Patrali (2001), “Beyond CPMs and Clickthroughs: Understanding Consumer Interaction with Web Advertising,” in Internet Marketing Research: Theory and Practice, Ook Lee, ed., Hershey, PA: Idea Group, 209-16.
- Jump up^ Lee, J .; Ham, C .; Kim, M. (2013). “Why People Pass Along Online Video Advertising: From the Perspectives of the Interpersonal Communication Motives Scale and the Theory of Reasoned Action”. Journal of Interactive Advertising . 13 (1): 1-13. doi : 10.1080 / 15252019.2013.768048 .
- Jump up^ “ICC Code, Digital Interactive Media – ICC Codes Center” . codescentre.com . Retrieved 17 October 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c INBAM, Business Horizons, (May 2015). “Digital Marketing for Identifying Customers’ Preferences – A Solution for SMEs in Obtaining Competitive Advantages”. International Journal of Economic Practices & Theories .
- Jump up^ Dodson, I (2016). The art of digital marketing: the definitive guide to creating strategy, targeted and measurable online campaigns . Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. ISBN 9781119265702 .
- Jump up^ ryan, D (2014). Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Digital Generation Engaging . Kogan Page. ISBN 9780749471026 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Chaffey, Dave; Ellis-Chadwick, Fiona (2012). Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice . Harlow: Pearson Education. ISBN 0273746227 .
- Jump up^ Chaffey, Dave. “Digital marketing strategy advice – Smart Digital Marketing Insights” . Smart Insights . Retrieved 1 May 2017 .
- Jump up^ Fill, C. (2006). Marketing communications. 1st ed. Harlow: FT Prentice Hall, pp.372-373.
- Jump up^ Parmenter, D. (2007). Key performance indicators. 1st ed. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Jump up^ Marr, B. (2012). Key performance indicators. 1st ed. Harlow, England; ; New York: Pearson Financial Times Pub.
- Jump up^ English, A. and Smith, G. (2013). Measuring brand association strength: a consumer based brand equity approach. European Journal of Marketing, 47 (8), pp.1356-1367.
- Jump up^ McCarthy, EJ (1964), Basic Marketing, Richard D. Irwin, Homewood, IL.
- Jump up^ Mercer, D. (1999). Marketing. 1st ed. Oxford [ua]: Blackwell.
- Jump up^ Booms, BH and Bitner, MJ, 1981. Marketing strategies and organization structures for service firms. Marketing of services, 25 (3), pp.47-52
- Jump up^ Chaffey, D. and Ellis-Chadwick, F. (2012). Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. 1st ed. Harlow: Pearson Education.
- Jump up^ Ryan, D. (2014). Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation Ed. 3. 1st ed. Kogan Page.