Demand generation is the focus of Targeted marketing programs to drive awareness and interest in a company’s products and / or services.  Commonly used in business-to-business, business-to-government, or longer-term business-to-consumer sales cycles, and multiple marketing areas are associated with a structured sales process. 
There are multiple components of a process that vary depending on the size and complexity of a product. These components include, among other things: building awareness, positioning relevance, supporting validation, and mitigating customer evaluation.
The demand generation function resides with the marketing organization. Demand Generation is a holistic approach to marketing and sales cohesion within the company. Building awareness is a vital component in the demand generation process. Building awareness often takes a continuous effort and involves multiple facets of marketing .
Advanced demand generation programs Typically Rely On Some form of proactive lead generation activities supported by more traditional market programs and processes. This is because they tend to assume that they are aware of a problem they are trying to solve.  If the prospect is unaware (consciously or at least subconsciously) that they have the problem, then demand generation may not be effective – thus the need for adjunct lead generation activities.
Inbound marketing :
- Search engine optimization
- Viral marketing
- Social media marketing
- Pay per click marketing
Outbound Marketing :
- Inside sales / telemarketing
- Outsourced lead generation
- Outsourced appointment setting
- Email marketing
The second key area of focus for a marketer is focused on providing a solution to a market solution. This is a new technique with a variety of techniques and tools, often with a different emphasis.
- Search engine advertising – the purchase of advertisements in the search for engines. 
- Search engine optimization – the use of a variety of technical pour augmenter a website’s position in natural search engine results When keywords on the specific category, gold Known concurrents in the space solution are searched for  .  
- Webinars or seminars – online web based seminars, or in person seminars to allow prospective buyers to understand and understand a solution, how it can be used, and who else is using it, in detail 
- Demonstrations and free trials – easily accessed, often online, tools for demonstrating a solution or accessing a time-limited or feature-constrained trial
Again, in this phase of the application process, many approaches and tools are used.
Guiding solution validation
Often confused with demand generation is the lead process itself. Converting a request is a totally separate task. Many companies, however, will call themselves when they are really lead generating . 
This later stage of the buying process Involves Validating That a selected vendor will meet specified requirements, coming to an agreement with the vendor on costs, contract terms, media and services, and Finalizing the purchase process.
This often involves the involvement of other organizational and extra-organizational resources as well as sales representatives and reference customers.
- Marketing tools as detailed above – trials, demonstrations, whitepapers , and seminars designed for a more detailed assessment and validation of the solution in issue
- Reference management – cultivation, management, and selection of client references to provide a customer with the prospect of a current (or past) client.
- Sales involvement – coordination of the right to interact with dirty resource the prospect to navigate the final placements of the buying process Including contract negotiation , legal terms and conditions, and signoff.
The coordination of sales, the selection of the right sales, and the timing of the problem can be difficult to determine. The scoring, ranking, and routing of leads is a deep topic to warrant further exploration.
The involvement of sales professionals in the solution validation process involves three main aspects. These are the same whether or not they are involved.
- Lead scoring – understanding which prospective buyers are called by a professional. Lead scoring involves scoring two distinct aspects of the prospect; whether or not it is a buyer, and whether or not it is interested in being a buyer. The former is one of the most important, and one of the most important, issues in the industry. interested in making a buying decision. Many Marketers will take a simple approach by scoring lead scoring criteria on two foundations: behavioral scoring and demographic scoring.
- Lead ranking – based on the scoring of leads, leads can be assigned ranks based on the sales process. For example, if explicit scoring leads to a 1, 2, or 3 ranking on how to qualify the lead is, while implicit scoring leads to an A, B, or C ranking. 1A leads within 24hrs, 1b leads contacts within a 72hrs professional field, while 1C, 2A, and 2B contacts are in contact with each other.
- Lead Routing – once a business process is Determined, lead routing process has determined qui lead shoulds be connected with qui salesperson, is based geographic territory, industry , company size, or Any Other factor. Often this involves the management of the salesperson and the monitoring of the time taken to follow up.
In order to effectively manage and optimize communication, response, and lead management processes outlined above, marketers focused on demand generation must become proficient at two other related disciplines
- Data management – the centralization, de-duplication, profiling, appending, normalizing and cleansing of marketing data so that it can be effectively used to personalize communications, define target lists and segments, score leads, and route leads to sales.
- Marketing analytics – the analysis of the effectiveness of marketing efforts, from individual tactics Such As email communications or landing pages through to overall campaign performance.
- Marketing automation
- Demand chain
- Digital marketing engineer
- Voice-based marketing automation
- Jump up^ “What’s the difference between lead generation and demand generation?” . Cox Blue.
- Jump up^ “Demand Generation & Discovery” . Cox Blue.
- Jump up^ “Demand Generation Quality vs. Quantity” video,http://vimeo.com/99688328, Published 1 July 2014. Retrieved 2 October 2014
- Jump up^ “What is Search Engine Advertising” . Searchmetrics.
- Jump up^ “On SEO Page” . Fica has Dica Blog . Retrieved 31 August 2017 .
- Jump up^ “What is Search Engine Optimization” . Search Engine Land.
- Jump up^ “What is SEO?” . Webconfs.
- Jump up^ “webinar (Web-based seminar)” . Webopedia.
- Jump up^ “Demand Generation Lead Generation Vs: Tell Them Apart” . Leadformix Blog. May 15, 2013 . Retrieved 21 May 2013 .