Cunningham Communication , Inc. was a prominent public firm in Silicon Valley in the 1980s and 1990s that had many well-known high-tech customers,   including Adobe , Cisco , Motorola , PeopleSoft , Hewlett-Packard , and the IBM Consumer Division.  It was founded by Andy Cunningham in 1985 after she left Regis McKenna .
Cunningham Communication Developed the Momentum Management methodology  That Was documented in the book Momentum: How Companies Become Unstoppable Market Forces by John Volkmann and Ron Ricci. 
In 1999, Cunningham Communications was reorganized into five subsidiaries with their own separate brands – Cunningham Public Relations, the Momentum Group Brand, the Momentum Research Group, Cunningham Ventures, and Fifth Gear.  The firm was acquired in 2000 by Incepta and renamed Citigate Cunningham.  After the dot-com bubble burst, the five companies were brought back under the Citigate Cunningham brand.  Andrea Cunningham stepped down from her position as CEO in 2003 to form CXO Communication.  
Incepta merged with Huntsworth in 2005. In 2009, Huntsworth, Citigate Cunningham merged with Connecting Point Communications.  The remnants of the firm are now part of Grayling Communications.
- Ranked 412 in Inc. Magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in 1991
- Andy Cunningham , Founder of ZERO1 and currently the Founder and President of Cunningham Collective
- Zach Nelson , President and CEO of NetSuite 
- Ron Ricci , Vice President, Executive and Customer Engagement at Cisco , and noted co-author of The Collaboration Imperative: Executive Strategies for Unlocking Your Organization’s True Potential and Momentum: How Companies Become Unstoppable Market Forces 
- John Volkmann , Vice President of Corporate Communications at AMD and co-author of Momentum: How Companies Become Unstoppable Market Forces
- Andrew Wittman , Former Chief Marketing Officer of CA Technologies and currently Chief Marketing Officer of Okta 
- Julie Meyer , American born entrepreneur and inventor
- Nick Sturiale, Managing Partner, Ignition Partners
- Dan Race, Vice President of Corporate Communications, GoDaddy
- Brett Murray, Vice President of Marketing, View, Inc.
- Amanda McPherson, Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President of Developer Programs, The Linux Foundation
- Hadley Wilkins, Head of Marketing, Redpoint Ventures and Executive Vice President, US Technology Practice at Hill + Knowlton Strategies
- Mary Moslander, President and CEO of LiveHealthier, and Vice President of Strategy and Product Development for the Washington Post 
- Jump up^ Fast Company. March 31, 1998.The Power of Public Relations
- Jump up^ Kawasaki, Guy (1992). Selling the Dream, p. 172. (Google Books). Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- Jump up^ Cunningham Communication Clients(Web archive May 10, 2000)
- Jump up^ Momentum Management Methodology(Web Archive May 10, 2000)
- Jump up^ Momentum: How Companies Become Unstoppable Market Forces(excerpt). October 28, 2002. Harvard Business School.
- Jump up^ PR Week, November 22, 2013Cunningham set to grab dot-coms. Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- Jump up^ The New York Times, July 27, 2000.THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING – ADDENDUM; 2 Agencies Agree To Be Acquired
- Jump up^ The Holmes Report, February 18, 2001.Cunningham Announces Layoffs, Restructuring
- Jump up^ New Strategic Communication Firm Formed by Industry Veteran; Andy Cunningham Leaves Incepta to Form Privately Held Consultancy for Business-Critical Communication Assignments. (Press release)
- Jump up^ PR Week, March 24, 2003.Cunningham and Incepta share ways after three years. Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- Jump up^ Huntsworth acquires Connecting Point, folds in Citigate Cunningham, November 3, 2009, PR Week
- Jump up^ IT Business Edge, October 10, 2008.There’s Method Behind Zach Nelson’s Madness. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
- Jump up^ Soundview Executive Book Summaries. Book Review
- Jump up^ “Andrew Wittman” . LinkedIn . Retrieved February 22, 2016 .
- Jump up^ LiveHealthier Corporate Biographies. Retrieved June 12, 2013.