Cross-media marketing is a form of cross-promotion in which promotional companies commit to traditional surpassing.  The material can be made by any mass media such as e-mails, letters, web pages, social media or other recruiting sources. This method is extremely successful for publishers because of the marketing increases the ad profit from a single advertiser. Moreover, this tactic is a good link between the advertiser and the publisher, which also boosts the profits. 
One of the first steps to integrate cross media tactics
- Scheduling: When should I contact the customer?
- Rate: What is the right time frame to leave the delivery of my first, second and third message to the customer?
- Pacing: How often should I check up on the customer?
- Incidence: If a customer is not responding, how long should I continue to pursue the offer?
The Beatles’ A Hard Day’s Night was released by the release of a number one soundtrack album of the same name. [ citation needed ] Cross media marketing also appeared in 1977 with the release of the Saturday Night Fever movie and its respective soundtrack . [ citation needed ] The single ” How Deep Is Your Love ” by The Bee Gees was originally intended by Yvonne Elliman for an unreleased album, but it was decided by RSO Recordsto have The Bee Gees record and release in an effort to promote the film. The release of the movie is not only released but the whole soundtrack. [ quote needed ]
More recent examples include companies Promoting music artist ‘s concerts , HAVING Followed by one of the artist’s songs used in a business for the company.
“Commandments” of cross-media marketing
Cross-media marketing programs are difficult to advertise. Damien Marchi, who was involved in the second season of Big Brother in France, created eight commandments to follow for cross-media marketing success: 
- Give users access to exclusive content not seen on television. During a TV or movie production is usually better than can be shown. Users like this unused content, for example on the Internet, through a club.
- Interact with the show- Give the power to the audience. Involve the audience by having them vote, ask questions and by polling them
- Make the show even more known. Use besides television the other media to keep the users in touch with the show.
- Increases users’ loyalty. Loyalty of fans can be stimulated by a fan club and viral games.
- Recreate the atmosphere. Levy the atmosphere of the TV show to another medium.
- Continue the show on the web. Use the TV show to drive the other devices
- Enhance the watching experience. Stimulate simultaneous use of the media (browse the Internet when watching TV for example).
- Use multiple devices. A multi-device system built around a TV show allows channel to increase the number of revenue streams.
Real-time personalization and variable data printing
Real-time personalization (RTP) is an innovative way of looking at cross media marketing. RTP has the ability to see each webpage. In addition, if the company has the ability to see a potential customer, then the company can quickly personalize what the customer is looking for and make certain products. After a real time personalization search, a business plan is created to fit each potential customer. When a potential buyer is looking for a company’s advertisement , a popup add usually appears. Every product that has a customer acceptance, five to seven linked advertisement popup pages. RTP captures these acceptance rates, locate advertising company, and supplies the information necessary for the next step in the business plan.
Variable data printing (VDP) constantly modernizes and enhances the communication between the marketing company and their customers. In addition, if a campaign is personalized and directed to a specific audience, then more customers will typically buy the product. Therefore, VDP creates a leading customer profile of increased profitability, brand awareness , and bottom line sales. All of these elements are needed to enhance the marketing processes. 
For mail companies use the information from the file Managed Their customer analysis to Provide Individuals with the personalized letters or upcoming offers. On the internet, customization allows users to have access to exclusive messaging. In addition, the VDP assists the marketing process by addressing individual customers and giving them personal attention rather than treating them all the same way. This consumer and company process is very similar to Amazon.com . The more personalized an audience, the more prone they are to react positively. 
Some of the data that can be investigated to strengthen personalizing the offer includes:
- Personal information including the customer’s age, gender and the environment where they live (town, city, etc.);
- Calculating the date of expiry of a customer’s magazine subscription is very important because then the marketing company is able to
- Keeping track of a customer’s involvement and acceptance of the company’s offers is very essential. If a customer is providing the company with constant redemption is common.
One of the major problems with cross-media marketing is the creative development level. Getting one group to Collectively wears Their creativity and communicate with the other areas of work is very difficulty When one team is working is television, Reviews another is Involved in designing the print creative, Reviews another is Developing radio ads , and yet Reviews another is putting together the Internet program. Although the messaging elements are not very hard to compose, they are completely mutually dependent, with each branch of the project fulfilling their task, is quite impossible when the creative teams are split. Therefore, to achieve some sort of cohesion, teams must communicate with each other. 
- Alto Clothing
- Clothing is an online company that sells garments for tall males. In 2005, Alto opened a cross-media marketing effort with the assistance of an agency called Neoco. The clothing company is looking to increase sales and publicity of the line; therefore, they created an ecommerce website. Alto plans on using a mixture of viral , press, and online activity. The ads will be shown on high-profile sites such as Time Out . In addition, an email campaign will be sent to 100,000 men.
- “Andres and Henriette”
- In 2003, financial marketing company in Denmark series on the Web Entitled Anders and Henrietta, as a cross-media marketing scheme to Promote Their financial aid program. The production was about a young couple who was going to live together. The series of eight episodes was a major success because it attracted 300,000 individuals. Therefore, the name of the financial foundation is well-known brand name. 
- Jump up^ Jones 2004, p. 3.
- Jump up^ Michelson Managing Partners, p. 2.
- Jump up^ ACTeN 2007, p. 12.
- Jump up^ Michelson Managing Partnet, p. 2.
- Jump up^ Michelson Managing Partnet, p. 4.
- Jump up^ Andrew Dimock, p. 9.
- Jump up^ Media and Publishing, p. 5-7.
- ACTeN- Anticipating Content Technology Needs. “Cross-media.” E-content Report 8. 7 Mar. 2007. Bloomberg News.
- “Cross Media Unit Faces Complaint From the FTC” New York Times 11 Apr. 2002: C2.
- “Cross Media Marketing.” Direct Marketing Specialists. 2002. Data-Dynamics Inc. Nov. 14, 2008 < http://www.data-dynamix.com/cross-media-marketing >.
- Dimock, Andrew. “What Happened to Cross Media Marketing.” 1 Aug. 2002. 6 Nov. 2008 < http://www.bivingsreport.com/2002/what-happened-to-cross-media-marketing/ >.
Jones, Gareth. “Volvo uses a special service deal.” Centaur Communications 11 Nov. 2008: 7.
- “Dow Jones Launches Division For Cross Media Marketing To Drive Advertising Sales.” Oct. 18, 2004. Simba Information. Nov 14, 2008 < http://www.simbanet.com >.
- “Media and Publishing”. Encyclopedia Brtiannica. 2008. Encyclopædia Britannica Online. Nov. 10, 2008 http://www.search.eb.com/eb/article-231471 .
- Michelson Managing Partner, James D. “1: 1 Cross Media Marketing 2008.” 2005. JFM Concepts LLC. Nov 14, 2008 < http://www.jfmconcepts.com >.