The Chartered Institute of Marketing ( CIM ) is a United Kingdom -based professional body offering training and qualification in Marketing and Related Subjects, focused on Marketing and Sales for Business ; together with ongoing support for members.
CIM UK is the British Council qualified professional association for Marketers in the UK. Its particular emphasis is on developing marketing and sales within the UK and worldwide. CIM is the largest professional marketing body in the world, with more than 35,000 members and students across the world. IMC exists to develop both the marketing and sales professions, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing and sales professionals. It does this by providing memberships, qualifications and training to marketing professionals and businesses around the world. 
CIM was founded as the Sales Managers’ Association in 1911. In 1921 it was incorporated as ISMA, and in 1928 it held its first professional exams. In October 1936 it applied for a charter Royal ,.   In 1960 ISMA changed its name to the Institute of Marketing and Sales Management, and in 1968 it became the Institute of Marketing. Since being granted the authority to the Chartered Marketer Status by The Queen’s Privy Council in 1998, CIM has been awarding chartered status.  The organization Was Awarded charitable status in 2001, aim This Was removed in 2004.    The Chartered Institute Of Marketing separate Benevolent Fund is a registered charity.
CIM has three grades of membership:
- Associate – designated by the letters ACIM
- Member – designated by the letters MCIM
- Fellow – designated by the letters FCIM
To become a Chartered Marketer, a candidate must have:
- at least Member (MCIM) or Fellow (FCIM) for at least two consecutive years
- 35 hours of continuous professional development (CPD) 
- passed the institute’s 12 qualifying examinations, including integrated case study exams under 2015 syllabus
The CIM Marketing Excellence Awards recognizes marketing programs.
- Jump up^ , CIM our-story, 1 May 2015
- Jump up^  “No. 34335” . The London Gazette . October 27, 1936. p. 6834.
- Jump up^ “History” . cim.co.uk . 2015 . Retrieved 2 February 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The Chartered Institute of Marketing” . postgrad.com . 2015 . Retrieved 2 February 2015 .
- Jump up^ Simms, Jane (March 25, 2004). “What next for the CIM?” . Brand Republic News . Retrieved 2 February 2015 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Craig (March 17, 2004). “Peter Fisk stands down from CIM chief executive post” . Marketing Magazine . Retrieved 2 February 2015 .
- Jump up^ “CIM struck off Charity Commission’s register” . Marketing Week . October 21, 2004 . Retrieved 2 February 2015 . (Subscription required ( help )) .
- Jump up^ “Introductory Certificate in Marketing” . The Chartered Institute of Marketing . Retrieved 25 February 2013 .